LASIK or Laser-Assisted In-Situ Keratomileusis is one of the most modern surgical procedures for correcting refractive errors like myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. Using this technique of refractive error correction, the curvature of the cornea is reshaped using laser. It is capable of removing the tissues with precision up to a micron level. Pre requisites for undergoing refractive surgery are:
· Age >= 18 years
· Stable refractive error for a year,
· No ocular comorbidities such as glaucoma, severe dry eye, retinal diseases,
· The motive of this surgery is to provide a sufficiently good vision to the patients or get them rid of glasses completely (subject to the patient’s cornea parameters).
Refractive surgery might be a good option for you if you:
· Want to decrease your dependence on glasses or contact lenses;
· Are free of eye disease;
· Accept the inherent risks and potential side effects complications of the procedure;
· Understand that you could still need glasses or contacts after the procedure to achieve your best vision;
To know more and understand the various surgical procedures available for spectacle removal like PRK, LASIK, Custom LASIK, FEMTO LASIK, SMILE RELEX schedule an appointment by calling front desk or get in touch with surgical coordinator to schedule your pre LASIK consult and counseling.